Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Solid Dating Advice

Listen up, ladies because I’m about to give you some real helpful advice. After years of experience in ruining the lives of young men all around the world, I think it’s safe to say I’m pretty much a relationship expert. I have dated my fair share of seemingly strong-willed young gentlemen in my years and in just one week’s time, successfully turned them all into self loathing losers who can barely survive without me.
Now I know what you are thinking: “HOW DOES SHE DO IT?” and the answer is simple: I treat the men in my life with the utmost disrespect and constantly remind them how their lives would be in shambles without me. I am here today to persuade you ladies out there to do the same and with just a few helpful hints, you too can have men flocking to you.
  1. Emasculate him! If his car is broken, go fix it! Of course you probably won’t really know how to fix it so go ruin it some more but be sure you use lots of tools while doing it so it looks legit. Make sure all of his neighbors see you so they judge your man for being such a deadbeat and not fixing it on his own. If he tries to fix something for you, be sure to constantly butt in and tell him he is doing it wrong.
  2. Hit on his friends. Fat friends, ugly friends, cute friends, freckly friends: who really cares as long as it’s right in front of him. A fair warning: After a few drinks, you may feel inclined to kiss one of his friends but believe me when I say, you would be taking it just one step too far with that one. If you MUST kiss his friends while he is around, wait until he turns around to get you a drink at the bar and then go for it!
  3. Control him. Put him on a point system to ensure he is staying in line. He will earn positive points for doing things such as giving you gifts, making you dinner and cleaning your car but will lose points for things such as not calling you the moment he gets off work or failing to bring you your daily flowers. Agree on a number of points he must be above at all times or else you will kick him to the curb and kill his whole family. (Joking about the last part, jeez.)
  4. Make him do as much manual labor as possible. Don’t consider him your boyfriend so much as your personal slave, ladies. Have a flat tire? Make him fix it! Don’t have a flat tire? Pop your tire and make him fix it! You should have a new task for him daily that way he won’t have time to stray.
  5. Expect him to listen to every detail of your oh-so interesting day but when he tries to talk, hang up on him and later claim your phone died. If he is with you in person, say things like “WOW!” and “GREAT STORY!” as sarcastically as possible so he quickly realizes that nothing he has to say is important.

If you follow these simple little tips, you will be on your way to relationship bliss in no time. If you try these and your man still leaves you, you were either way too nice and already ruined your relationship or you are just really, really unattractive.

My current boyfirend. Don't act like you're not impressed.

11 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my LAWD, you just made me laugh!! How have I not found you sooner?!

Anyway, I got your comment today, but your email wasn't linked to your comments, Missy. Anyway, I would love to have Chris help you with your blog.

If you're serious, shoot me an email at holly.j.stanfield@gmail.com

Happy Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Too funny!!! Thanks for visiting my little corner of the internet-- happy to be a new follower!

http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

Shelly@Shelly No Belly said...

Ahahaha!! You are seriously my entertainment every night. The next time I come to dfw, we must meet for some drinks....or maybe we shouldn't??? We could get into WAY too much trouble, ha!

Amanda Schroeder said...

Ok, that last picture made me laugh SO HARD! You are adorable. And I LOVE your blog. You are a relationship expert! haha!

amanda @ we and serendipity

Because Shanna Said So said...

You are a riot!!! And like the first commenter said, you need to link your email up with your blog in your profile settings so people can reply to your comments you leave on their blogs. :) Thanks for the sweet words today. You made my day!!!

Stesha said...

haha!!!! This is great, too funny!!

xxS

Anonymous said...

From a guy's poin of view.... It's all true. We are weak and easily controlled by making us feel like less of a man.

On the flip side you will be dating a man who will probably stand by and let you get mugged and then he will cry as you bleed on his pretty new shoes.


Lora said...

Love this.....great advice. where were you when I was single?!

www.RaisingSteppeSisters.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very useful adνice within this рost!
It's the little changes that will make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Also visit my web-site - article submitter program

Anonymous said...

Attractive sеction of content. I just stumblеd uρon your websitе and in accession capіtal
to asѕеrt that I get in fаct enjoyеd account your blog posts.
Αny way Ι'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

my site :: how to find ppl on facebook using email

Anonymous said...

Wоw, wondеrful weblog stгucture! Нow
lengthy hаvе you been running a blog for? yοu made гunning a
blog glance easy. Thе total lοok of уour web sіtе is wοndеrful,
lеt alone the cоntеnt!

My blοg ... No Hands Seo KullanıMı